I am currently writing on a book about what I’ve learnt from being naïve, depressed, full of hate and anger, being lost and living in a reality where I believed that things just happened to me and I didn’t play any part in it. Writing this book has been a dream of mine since I had to write a psychology assignment about my life in year 11. I think that I am in a much better place in my life now to share my story then I was then and I know that there is a reson to why I have got this drive to publish my book now rather than back then. When I say “back then” I feel like that’s a whole different life to life as I know it now. I feel like I have become a whole different person to the person that I was without loosing myself in the process. I try to figure out how I have changed and how I got to know the real me. As I sat down and tried to break down what I have realized that has made me be able to feel excited about everything life has to offer and I felt like sharing that here.
What I have learnt about life that has made me feel happy, content, excited, full of love and beautiful from the inside and out is:
1. Listening to what I need and who I want to be, and then just choose to be that person has given me confidence.
- Being around people that make me feel good and that question “things that just is” make me feel alive.
- Taking care of my body and mind because I want to feel good (rather than look good) is the way to feel happy and content. Always be open to new things, don’t get too stuck in routines so that I close of my mind to development.
- When I feel stressed, I have to break down why I feel stressed. Most of the times I then realize that I don’t have to be stressed.
- Listening to my emotions and try to understand where they come from and also accepting them without panicking allow me actually get to know myself.
- I live the life I want to live now because I don’t want to waste any time doing shit that I don’t like. Life is about growing and I want to grow in a direction of possibility and like every part of the journey.
- Be open minded. Try new things, walk new paths, meet new people and ask questions you want to know the answer to. That’s how I grow, that’s how I expand my life and that’s how I get rich on experiences.
- Seek out the truth. The truth is that there is a truth, but that truth can change. If I always try to do what is true to me now, and always be open to explore the land of truth, then I will feel like I am, and I will be on the right path in life.
- Live to see other people live to be happy. I am treating other people with love and honesty if they give me the chance to. I love happy, funny, open minded, excited, loving and curious people, so I choose to be one myself. I have stopped to do things because I think that that is what people expect of me, and want me to do, if that isn’t what I believe is true. Other people are only humans too, and only because somebody say something it doesn’t mean that that is the truth. I now feel, and trust what I feel.
- I don’t limit myself to what I think that I can be. I dream big and make it happen. I am aware of the fact that there are always actions I can take to move towards the biggest dreams that I have. Once I understand that these are actions everyone can all make, I see that the world can be whatever I want it to be.
- Seeing what I do have now is the way of still being present and happy in the moment whilst I am moving closer to my dream life. I have to appreciate where I am at and what I have, always choosing who I want to be in this world and being happy and grateful for how far I have come. The minute I stopped looking at what I didn’t have and who I didn’t want to be a whole new world of possibility opened up in front of me.
Choosing all of these together has made me feel content and happy with who I am. Life isn’t about doing one good thing, it’s about finding a way of choosing many good things that play a big part in your life. That’s what I believe, because it has totally worked for me. I am free.